Monthly National DEC Webinars
- National DEC Webinars will be held on a monthly basis, the second Wednesday of the
month at 3 PM Eastern. No webinar will be held during the month when a DEC National
Conference or a National DEC Forum is held (in 2012, meaning October).
- Purpose of webinars is to communicate with DEC members nationwide of activities being
engaged in by the National DEC and its committees and to present topics on trade issues of
interest to DECs. All webinars will include a Q&A portion.
- Future webinars may include such topics as the National DEC Regional Legislative Network,
best practices in legislative outreach, export control reform, foreign non-tariff barriers, ITA
reorganization, among others.
- Next webinar will be on July 11, 2012. The topic will be on foreign non-tariff barriers and will
be presented by the Dept. of Commerce Market Access and Compliance (MAC) unit. Their
presentation will include the types of foreign non-tariff barriers faced by U.S. exporters and
the work of MAC to reduce these barriers. Also discussed will be how MAC can work with
DECs to help them accomplish our mission.
- Comments on webinars or suggestions for future topics can be addressed to
June Webinar PDF